[openssl-dev] OpenSSL 1.1 pre3 64-bit builds

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Feb 16 01:46:51 UTC 2016

In message <20160216.023940.1344061857137837940.levitte at openssl.org> on Tue, 16 Feb 2016 02:39:40 +0100 (CET), Richard Levitte <levitte at openssl.org> said:

levitte> In message <c7uLxLYHnGrj7nY at srv.efca.com> on Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:04:58 -0800, "Erik Forsberg" <erik at efca.com> said:
levitte>
levitte> erik> Latest pre3 release doesnt build CFLAGS correctly, noticed it when doing a
levitte> erik> 64-bit build and the -m64 cc argument was never passed down to cc, failing
levitte> erik> particularly when trying to assemble 64-bit code in  32-bit default mode.
levitte>
levitte> Thank you, you found a but in 10-main.conf (and in your own
levitte> 20-efca.conf for that matter).
levitte>
levitte> The add() and add_before() functions take a separator string as first
levitte> argument, remaining argument are those that will be added to inherited
levitte> values, after or before.  Unfortunately, it seems like a number of
levitte> them didn't get that separator argument.  For example the following
levitte> line in the solaris64-x86_64-gcc config:
levitte>
levitte>         cflags           => add_before("-m64 -Wall -DL_ENDIAN"),
levitte>
levitte> should really look like this:
levitte>
levitte>         cflags           => add_before(" ", "-m64 -Wall -DL_ENDIAN"),
levitte>
levitte> We will correct this, of course.  In the mean time, I suggest you try
levitte> out that kind of change.

Fixing patch attached for you to try with.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org