[openssl-dev] build issue about engine-corner/Lesson-2-A-digest

John Hunter zhjwpku at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:03:26 UTC 2016

Hi levitte,

I am studyding how to write an engine nowadays, so I download
your repo [1] and try to build it.

1. When the first time I run 'autoreconf -i', I got an error:

*        configure.ac:18 <http://configure.ac:18>: error: possibly
undefined macro: AC_MSG_FAILURE              If this token and others are
legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.              See the Autoconf
Documentation.*

2. Then I run 'autoreconf -i' the second time, the error gone.

3. I continue as running './configure', and got the error:

*        ./configure: line 12192: syntax error near unexpected token
`newline'        ./configure: line 12192: `AX_CHECK_OPENSSL('*

4. I googled and downloaded the latest version of *ax_check_openssl.m4[2] *
and
    move it to the m4 directory, then I run 'autoreconf -i' and
'./configure', got some
    other error:
*        checking whether compiling and linking against OpenSSL works... no*
*        configure: error: in `/home/hunter/Lesson-2-A-digest':*
*        configure: error: could not locate OpenSSL*
*        See `config.log' for more details*

5. I googled and tried the following methods but still can't build it
        a) ./configure --with-openssl=/usr/include/openssl
        b) sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

[1] https://github.com/engine-corner/Lesson-2-A-digest
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_check_openssl.html

BR,
Zhao