[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4175] Add new macro or PKCS7 flag to disable the check for both data and content

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Feb 17 11:51:53 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2015-12-08 at 12:56 +0000, Salz, Rich via RT wrote:
> I think that instead of the #ifdef being removed, the if() test
> should be removed. This was my mistake.

Like this, then...

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/694 for HEAD
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/695 for 1.0.2

If you say that removing the #ifdef instead of removing the whole code
block that it contained was a mistake, then I shall take you at your
word and refrain from harping on *too* much about how naughty it was to
have a functional change hidden away in a commit which simply entitled
itself "Memory leak fixes", without even any acknowledgement of the
change in the body of the commit comment :)

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation