[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3964] Fix OPENSSL_NO_STDIO build

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Feb 19 00:20:48 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-02-17 at 17:43 +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:
> > It looks like we're in fairly good shape for the OpenSSL 1.1.0 release
> > to work "out of the box".
>
> That will be great.
>
> > I would like to see what we can do in the way of automated testing,
> > though. It should be possible to at least have Travis-CI make
> > libcrypto.so for the Linux target, with the 'no-everything' options
> > that UEFI uses. It's a blunt instrument, but would have caught quite a
> > few of the things I've just fixed, I think.
>
> I think UEFI is important and would be willing to add a build to our travis.  Make a PR :)

I think the simplest build test looks something like this:

./Configure linux-x86_64 no-asm no-async no-bf no-camellia no-capieng \
  no-cast no-cms no-ct no-deprecated no-dgram no-dsa \
  no-dynamic-engine no-ec no-engine no-err no-filenames no-hw \
  no-idea no-locking no-mdc2 no-posix-io no-rc2 no-rfc3779 no-ripemd \
  no-scrypt no-sct no-seed no-sock no-srp no-ssl no-stdio no-threads \
  no-ts no-ui no-whirlpool shared     &&      make build_libcrypto

I'll try to work out how to put that into travis.

Once the fixes for RT4309 and RT4715 are merged, I'll also look at
testing actual EDK2 builds with the nightly snapshots.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation