[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4326] Failed to configure for Cygwin-x64

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 17:34:04 UTC 2016

On Feb 21 06:27, Richard Levitte via RT wrote:
> I believe that the auto-detecting script, ./config, is lacking detection of
> architecture for Cygwin. Does one preferably recognise a x86_64 Cygwin from
> `uname -m` or is there something in `uname -s` that should be used as an
> indicator?

Uh oh, is there a chance that the configury for 1.0.2 is NOT changed
anymore?  We have a set of local patches in the Cygwin distro which
works around the missing pieces in 1.0.2 in a certain way, and changing
the 1.0.2 branch now would break the build scripts for the Cygwin distro.

I would very much prefer if people interested in OpenSSL 1.0.2 for Cygwin
would use the openssl-1.0.2 source archive, which cotains all patches
required for Cygwin, as well as the cygport build script to build openssl
exactly the same way as in the Cygwin distro.

Please let's not break that and stick to the master branch for the
build system changes.

Thanks,
Corinna

--