[openssl-dev] MSVC 2015 internal compiler error

Gisle Vanem gvanem at yahoo.no
Tue Feb 23 09:12:03 UTC 2016

Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 03:55:12PM -1000, Bill Bierman wrote:
>
>> The Microsoft compiler team has suggested removing the include of ssl.h
>> from srtp.h as it creates a circular reference which is likely confusing
>> the compiler.
>
> Could you test the patch below.  It tries to avoid incompatible
> loss of the implicit inclusion, by making it conditional:

Nice try, but your patch doesn't help here:

F:\MingW32\src\inet\Crypto\OpenSSL\ssl\s3_lib.c :
  fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
  (compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\main.c', line 246)
   To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
  Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
   Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR in 'f:\gv\VC_2015\bin\cl.exe'
    Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
    Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information

------------

BTW1, using '-DOPENSSL_NO_SRTP' doesn't fix this. One of the .h-files seems to
  trigger this fault (no option I've tried so far has prevent it).

BTW2, I get a lot of these warnings:
  include\openssl/lhash.h(270): warning C4090: 'function': different 'const' qualifiers
  which seems related to include/openssl/lhash.h:
     typedef const char *OPENSSL_CSTRING;

  or one of the hideous lhash.h/safestack.h macros (?!)

And I'm still using this cl:
  Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.00.23506 for x86
  on Win-10.

--
--gv