[openssl-dev] MSVC 2015 internal compiler error

Gisle Vanem gvanem at yahoo.no
Wed Feb 24 10:29:13 UTC 2016

Matt Caswell wrote:

> The attached seems to avoid the problem - but then for reasons I cannot
> understand link errors result later on in the build.

I too can confirm that your patch fixes MSVC-2105 compilation.
Thanks a million!

But as you wrote, the link fails. Due to util/mkdef.pl needs
an update? I looked at this .pl-file, but I'm a n00b when it
comes to Perl. So I fail to see how it now should define all
needed .def symbols.

As it's now, ssleay32.dll export only these:
  BIO_f_ssl
  BIO_new_ssl
  BIO_ssl_copy_session_id
  BIO_ssl_shutdown
  BIO_new_buffer_ssl_connect
  BIO_new_ssl_connect

But is building with -DOPENSSL_OPT_WINDLL (i.e. __declspec(dllimport)
while using the OpenSSL .DLLs) still supported? If so, what is the
.def-files good for then?

--
--gv