[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4348] SSL3_GET_MESSAGE:excessive message size

Bruce Drake via RT rt at openssl.org
Fri Feb 26 02:47:23 UTC 2016

Hi

I am getting the following error when trying to connect to

stream-api.betfair.com:443

Error connecting with SSL.
error:1408E098:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_MESSAGE:excessive message size

using OpenSSL. However using code I wrote using SChannel it works fine.

I looked around and it looks like this has happened before and there is
something in the code that needs to be tweaked, I am using 1.0.1r which
I have build myself, if someone could point me at the code that needs to
change to fix this I would be happy to do so.

Regards
Bruce

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4348