[openssl-dev] Ubsec and Chil engines

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Feb 26 15:14:37 UTC 2016

On 23/02/16 16:38, Sander Temme wrote:
> All,
>
> I toyed over the weekend with resurrecting CHIL: intermediate result
> here https://github.com/sctemme/openssl/tree/rescue-chil and I AM NOT
> PROUD OF THIS but have no cycles to clean it up for at least a couple
> of days to come. It builds now but doesn't work: my privkey loading
> routine doesn't get called and that may be an API change I missed.
>
> Can we resurrect CHIL for 1.1 along these lines? Then I'd be
> delighted to join the discussion about p11 for down the road.

I would prefer to move CHIL to an external repo (e.g. maybe Richard's
engine corner??). As Richard said in another post, this code is
unmaintainable by us because no-one on the team has access to the
relevant hardware.

BTW, no one has spoken up for Ubsec, which was the other engine
mentioned in the original post, so I will be removing that one imminently.