[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4343] master: EC_KEY_priv2buf (): check parameter sanity

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:10:09 UTC 2016

>> > I have PR https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/739 with the below
>> > changes, please have a look.
>> >
>> > - In EC_KEY_priv2buf(), check for pbuf sanity.
>> > - If invoked with NULL, gracefully returns the key length.
> I'd like to propose a policy of no bug fixes to undocumented public
> interfaces.  If the interface is useful enough to fix, it has to be
> documented.  Anyone care to produce manpages for EC_KEY_priv2buf or
> EC_KEY_priv2oct?

Correct me if I am wrong... API's that start with capitol letters are
public. Private interfaces use lowercase letters.
Documented/undocumented does not really factor things.

If OpenSSL wants to make it private so that its should not be called
and it won't be maintained, then the symbol should be changed to
ec_key_priv2oct.

Jeff