[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4343] master: EC_KEY_priv2buf (): check parameter sanity

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Fri Feb 26 17:34:14 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 05:29:26PM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:

> As just about the only team member who trolls through RT and closes things
> with any quantity, I am not sure that I agree that fixing a bug requires
> documentation if the API isn't already documented.

Focus on fixing bugs in documented interfaces first, and even then review
the documentation, to make sure the fix comports with the documentation and
that the latter is not stale.

Once all the bugs in documented interfaces are fixed, I'm afraid
we really must start documenting the code we're updating.  Otherwise,
there's no way to know we're doing it right, and we're digging the
hole deeper.  New code needs to be documented as it is written,
old code also, but at a slower pace.

--
	Viktor.