[openssl-dev] [openssl-users] OPenssl and dependencies such as openssh

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Wed Jan 6 06:17:27 UTC 2016

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 1:14 AM, Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx.be> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 03:40:03PM -0700, The Doctor wrote:
>> tls.o(.text+0xf32): undefined reference to `SSLv23_server_method'
>
> Are you sure it's finding the correct headers?

Yes, because we have OPENSSL_NO_DEPRECATED in default builds for now,
which disables the backwards-compatible defines.  To get a more compatible
build:

	./Configure --prefix=/some/where deprecated shared <target>
        make depend
        make
	make test
	make install_sw

Adding "deprecated" to the Configure command-line will not disable the
various legacy interfaces.  Also (OpenSSL team only) see MR 1569.

--
	Viktor.