[openssl-dev] Upcoming build system change

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sat Jan 16 10:45:16 UTC 2016

In message <5699DF80.6030609 at dancingdragon.be> on Fri, 15 Jan 2016 22:13:20 -0800, Joey Yandle <dragon at dancingdragon.be> said:

dragon> I tried building your branch on windows, but the windows Configure
dragon> targets appear to be missing:

I haven't done anything specific with Windows yet...  or, quite
frankly, checked it very much...  My focus has been mainly on Unix and
VMS.  I do have some start of a makefile for Windows as well, but it's
just that, as start.

dragon> c:\src\openssl>perl Configure VC-WIN64A
dragon> Configuring OpenSSL version 1.1.0-pre3-dev (0x0x10100003L)
dragon> ...
dragon> Configuring for VC-WIN64A
dragon> Warning! target VC-WIN64A doesn't exist!
dragon> Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at Configure line
dragon> 825.

This surprises me a bit, but we've had some issues surrounding this
very target in master as well...  it came down to Configure being a
bit petty and has been changed accordingly, but my branch hasn't been
rebased on the freshest master yet, so the fix hasn't propagated to my
branch yet.  I'm going to deal with that tomorrow and will make sure
to verify the usual Windows configs then.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org