[openssl-dev] Upcoming build system change

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sun Jan 17 00:04:03 UTC 2016

In message <20160116164653.GH12431 at calimero.vinschen.de> on Sat, 16 Jan 2016 17:46:53 +0100, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat.com> said:

vinschen> >     ./config --unified
vinschen>
vinschen> I tried that and it doesn't work correctly for Cygwin on x86_64.
vinschen> Rather than choosing the "Cygwin-x86_64" configuration, it chooses
vinschen> the "Cygwin" configuration which is for the i686 based 32 bit
vinschen> version of Cygwin.
vinschen>
vinschen> Can this be recified easily.
vinschen>
vinschen> Btw., for the new unified configuration it might make sense to
vinschen> rename "Cygwin" to "Cygwin-i686".  -march could then be set for
vinschen> i686 as well since 32 bit Cygwin won't run on older CPUs anyway.

Hey Corinna,

This particular issue has nothing at all to do with with my build
system changes, and everything to do with the "config" script.  Its
responsability is to figure out what the platform target should be and
then call Configure with it.

If you have a look in "config", it doesn't generate "Cygwin-x86_64" at
all.  Would you be willing to have a look at that script and modernise
it regarding Cygwin?

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org