[openssl-dev] Upcoming build system change

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sun Jan 17 17:33:58 UTC 2016

In message <20160117172014.GC16440 at calimero.vinschen.de> on Sun, 17 Jan 2016 18:20:14 +0100, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat.com> said:

vinschen> On Jan 17 18:13, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
vinschen> > On Jan 17 17:50, Richard Levitte wrote:
vinschen> > > In message <20160117154353.GC9897 at calimero.vinschen.de> on Sun, 17 Jan 2016 16:43:53 +0100, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat.com> said:
vinschen> > >
vinschen> > > vinschen> On Jan 17 01:04, Richard Levitte wrote:
vinschen> > > vinschen> > If you have a look in "config", it doesn't generate "Cygwin-x86_64" at
vinschen> > > vinschen> > all.  Would you be willing to have a look at that script and modernise
vinschen> > > vinschen> > it regarding Cygwin?
vinschen> > > vinschen>
vinschen> > > vinschen> Like the attached?
vinschen> > >
vinschen> > > Thank you, that helped...  it was less traumatic than I imagined ;-)
vinschen> > > I've attached a small fixup, your thoughts?
vinschen> >
vinschen> > Well, that works, too.  But if we ever support another architecture,
vinschen> > we'd have to tweak two files, config and 10-main.conf, rather then just
vinschen> > one, 10-main.conf.
vinschen>
vinschen> Btw., when calling Configure rather than config, i686 would be simpler
vinschen> for the package builder since it could just use the build variable
vinschen> ${ARCH}, rather than having to check and explicitely turn this to "x86".
vinschen>
vinschen>
vinschen> Just saying...

I was just thinking of that, as well as a backward compatibility name
Cygwin.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org