[openssl-dev] ABI structure in detail for OpenSSL 1.0.2e

Ponomarenko Andrey andrewponomarenko at yandex.ru
Mon Jan 18 16:02:12 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm developing a new tool for visualization of the ABI (App. Binary Interface) structure and high-detailed binary compatibility analysis of C/C++ libraries (in addition to the abi-compliance-checker tool). And I've recently tested it on the latest release of the OpenSSL. I think that the results might be interesting for some of you:

libssl.so: http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/abi_view/openssl/1.0.2e/a2cf7/symbols.html
libcrypto.so: http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/abi_view/openssl/1.0.2e/c93f7/symbols.html

You can find detailed information on the calling conventions and used registers for each function and memory layout for each data type in the ABI.

I can share this report as tarball if you are interested to host it somewhere in the infrastructure of the OpenSSL.

Thank you.