[openssl-dev] Configure --prefix and --openssldir

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Jan 19 18:54:28 UTC 2016

In message <569E851A.9030607 at dancingdragon.be> on Tue, 19 Jan 2016 10:48:58 -0800, Joey Yandle <dragon at dancingdragon.be> said:

dragon> > --prefix unset, --openssldir set to "bar" (relative path)
dragon> >      => INSTALLTOP=bar , OPENSSLDIR=bar/bar
dragon> >
dragon>
dragon> This one was sufficiently opaque that I stopped using --openssldir and
dragon> started just using --prefix.  For a multi-level relative path, this
dragon> gives very strange results...

That particular combination is really a bug, something I think we
didn't think of back in the days, or shrugged at, can't recall which.
But yes, it's quite the odd thing!

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org