[openssl-dev] [openssl-users] pkeyutl does not invoke hash?

Hubert Kario hkario at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 10:10:27 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 19 January 2016 22:16:23 Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL
wrote:
> Looks good. I might add an *explicit* statement “pkeyutl does not
> invoke the specified digest function”.
>
> Yes I realize it could be seen as repetitive. I’d much rather be
> repetitive than risk misunderstanding. And there are no praises for
> the shortest man page. :-)

I don't want to do that because AFAIK, for Ed25519 and Ed448 the hash
*is* integral part of the signature process and you pass *the whole*
message-to-be-signed to the signature function, not its hash.

So, unless the above is false, I'd rather not add such absolute
statements.

But please correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Regards,