[openssl-dev] OpenSSL-1.1 make depend

Claus Assmann ca+ssl-dev at esmtp.org
Thu Jan 21 01:50:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016, Erik Forsberg wrote:

> seems util/clean-depend.pl is now broken if using Solaris cc compiler.

Just a confirmation that this isn't specific to that setup:
the same happens on OpenBSD (e.g., 5.3) with gcc.

> I get gazillions of 'Use of uninitialized variable in ....' when running

making depend in crypto...
Use of uninitialized value $newfile in substitution (s///) at ../util/clean-depend.pl line 41, <STDIN> line 418.
Use of uninitialized value $newfile in string ne at ../util/clean-depend.pl line 42, <STDIN> line 418.
Use of uninitialized value $newfile in hash element at ../util/clean-depend.pl line 43, <STDIN> line 418.
Use of uninitialized value $file in hash element at ../util/clean-depend.pl line 48, <STDIN> line 418.
Use of uninitialized value $origfile in regexp compilation at ../util/clean-depend.pl line 50, <STDIN> line 418.

> I use latest perl 5.22 if it matters
> but this looks like generic failure to me.

Agreed (perl 5.12 here)