[openssl-dev] Check for heartbeat response without reading?

Judson Wilson wilson.judson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 01:12:21 UTC 2016

I was hoping SSL_peek might work, but I can't find any documentation.

I do have the guarantee from the application layer that messaging occurs in
a strict  client request -> server response sequence, without any
pipelining, etc.  I know with certainty that the heartbeat response is the
next record; I just need to coax the OpenSSL layer to read the next record,
which I know will not be application data.