[openssl-dev] s_client version 1.1 fails to handshake to s_server when -nocert option

Michel michel.sales at free.fr
Mon Jan 25 16:36:37 UTC 2016

Thank you very much for your answer Viktor !
It works, using :
openssl s_server -nocert -cipher "ALL:@STRENGTH:@SECLEVEL=0"
openssl s_client -cipher "ALL:@STRENGTH:@SECLEVEL=0"
I was able to handshake a "AECDH-AES256-SHA" cipher.
:-)
I will try to investigate deeper around the SECLEVEL=... keyword that I
completely missed.

Regards,

Michel.