[openssl-dev] Auth and cipher ordering in AEAD ciphers

Nikhil Agarwal nikhil.agarwal at nxp.com
Tue Jul 5 10:28:36 UTC 2016

For AEAD ciphers like NID_aes_128_cbc_hmac_sha1,  I could not find any control interface defined to control authentication and cipher ordering.(i.e. whether to perform cipher first and then authentication or vice versa.(IPSEC vs. TLS use-case)).  If such an interface exist with OPENSSL can someone please help me in pointing that out? If no, is there any plan to introduce it? Also is there any interface for to specify difference packet range/length for cipher in Auth in AEAD case?

Thanks in advance
Nikhil