[openssl-dev] pkcs12 settings, Was: Re: [openssl.org #4588] pkcs12 -info doesn't handle PKCS#12 files with PKCS#5 v2.0 PBE

Hubert Kario hkario at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 12:25:42 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 23:35:13 CEST Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016, Hubert Kario wrote:
> > I have few questions now though:
> >
> > I've noticed that 1.0.2 uses sha1 hmac for the PRF while the master
> > uses sha256
> >
> > is there a way to set this?
>
> Not currently no (at least not from the command line, maybe by delving
> into the pkcs12 internals). It's determined by the encryption algorithm (if
> it has a preference: most don't) or the value is hard coded in p5_pbev2.c

yes, I don't see a simple way to do that, thanks anyway

> > also, is there a way to report the MAC algorithm used over the whole
> > file (the one set using -macalg)
>
> Not from the command line currently. The PKCS12_get0_mac() function can be
> used to retrieve the X509_ALGOR structure corresponding to the MAC though.

something like this?
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/1334

the small problem is that this prints:
MAC algorithm: sha1, <unsupported parameters>

I'm not sure how correct is that (haven't read the PKCS#12 standard)
--
Regards,
Hubert Kario