[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4634] Compiling issue in openssl-1.0.2g no-fips

David Robson via RT rt at openssl.org
Sat Jul 30 04:49:25 UTC 2016

Good morning!

I was building openssl for testing use with valgrind on Ubuntu 16.

I followed these steps:
$ mkdir openssl_test
$ cd openssl_test
$ apt-get source openssl
(this retrieved openssl-1.0.2g)
$./config shared -DPURIFY no-asm no-fips
$ make depend
$ make

At this point, I received this linker error:

../libcrypto.so: undefined reference to `FIPS_module_mode'

I tracked it down to the following file:
crypto/rand/md_rand.c

My temporary fix was to change in md_rand.c the reference to FIPS_module_mode() to FIPS_mode().

Thanks,
Dave Robson

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4634