[openssl-dev] DTLS retransmission api

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Jun 3 10:19:13 UTC 2016

On 03/06/16 10:52, Alfred E. Heggestad wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> thanks for the suggested API and code. Please find below a suggested
> patch that implements this new callback.
>

> the patch is based on 1.0.2-dev from GIT:
>
>   url:      git://git.openssl.org/openssl.git
>   branch:   origin/OpenSSL_1_0_2-stable
>

> I have renamed "timeout_duration" on purpose, since the units have
> changed from "seconds" to "milliseconds".

Hi Alfred

Thanks for the submission. In order to ease the review process please
read this file for some guidance on how to submit patches:

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING

The preferred way is via github because it makes it much easier for us
to comment on the code in detail and provide feedback.

I've not looked at your code in detail yet (I'll wait until I see the
submission come in via github (or RT if you choose to go that way - see
CONTRIBUTING)). I'll make a few high-level points though:

- Because this is a new feature you need to create it from the master
branch in git not the 1.0.2 branch. 1.0.2 is a stable branch and only
receives bug fixes.

- We are currently focussing on the 1.1.0 release which is now in
feature freeze, so it may be a while before we get to look at it.

- All new features must have documentation with them. Take a look at the
existing pod files in the doc directory for some examples of our style.