[openssl-dev] Out-of-tree build?

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Jun 10 10:27:30 UTC 2016

In message <CAG5KPzyODWWS=GoceFtmr1n_raf1r1Y9TzLRuAxEc+yZm_sZ0w at mail.gmail.com> on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 09:29:40 +0100, Ben Laurie <ben at links.org> said:

ben> If I try to do one, I get:
ben>
ben> WARNING: there are indications that another build was made in the source
ben> directory.  This build may have picked up artifacts from that build, the
ben> safest course of action is to clean the source directory and redo this
ben> configuration.
ben>
ben> even though I have just done make clean in the source directory.

'make clean' doesn't remove everything (it doesn't remove stuff
produced by Configure), 'git clean -dfx' removes the last vestiges.

It's possible that we'd do well with a 'make distclean'

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org