[openssl-dev] Latest Open SSL and old FIP module

Alibek Joraev alibekj at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 11:48:23 UTC 2016

Currently, I use 1.0.1 series (with current one being 1.0.1t) of OpenSSL with OpenSSL FIPS module version 2.0.2.as 1.0.1 version nears its long term support, I would like to upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.2h, but keep existing 2.0.2 FIPS module.

I can see that latest OpenSSL 1.0.2h is posted together with FIPS module 2.0.12.
is OpenSSL 1.0.2h compatible with older FIPS modules? or do I also have to upgrade to newest FIPS module?
thank you in advance.
regards,AJ.