[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4580] "openssl verify -CAfile cacerts.pem cert.pem" fails if cacerts.pem is ordered in certain ways

Gábor STEFANIK via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue Jun 21 13:37:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

It seems that having the same key isn't actually a prerequisite, I actually have a pair of certificates in hand with the same issuer but different keys that reproduce this order-dependent behavior. (I'm currently in talks with our IT department for clearance to submit these certs as a testcase, since they are currently internal-use only.)

Also, we certainly shouldn't _crash_ even with duplicate keys. (Just checked, the nonidentical-key certificate pair above also reproduces the crash on win32.)

This message, including its attachments, is confidential. For more information please read NNG's email policy here:
http://www.nng.com/emailpolicy/
By responding to this email you accept the email policy.