[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4601] install_sw does not honor --openssldir

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Thu Jun 30 19:19:43 UTC 2016

On 30/06/16 17:59, noloader at gmail.com via RT wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:52 PM, Salz, Rich via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:
>>> I don't want either of them. I only want to install the library in the directory of
>>> my choosing :)
>>
>> #! /bin/sh
>> make $* && cp *.a $MYDIR
>>
>> Less flippantly, not everything is supported :)
>
> Thanks Rich.
>
> So what are the new rules we should use? Do we specify both --prefix
> and --openssldir? --prefix only? Something else?

Specify neither if you want most stuff to be installed in /usr/local and
config files/default cert/keystore in /usr/local/ssl

Specify just --openssldir if you want just config files/default
cert/keystore to go into <openssldir> and everything else in /usr/local

Specify just --prefix if you want most stuff in <prefixdir> and config
files/default cert/keystore in <prefixdir>/ssl.

Specify both if you want config file/default cert/keystore in
<openssldir> and everything else in <prefixdir>.