[openssl-dev] PHP openssl ext port for 1.1 - cert->name

Jakub Zelenka jakub.openssl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 20:49:29 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm just slowly porting PHP core openssl ext to work with OpenSSL 1.1 and
just came across one thing that I can't find a function for.

We have got a part in openssl_x509_parse where we display cert->name (cert
is X509 struct) if it is not NULL:

https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/715a198e1f4f6f79f596963727b1a1c92e7fed1b/ext/openssl/openssl.c#L1998

The X509 is now opaque and I can't find any function for that which I might
be missing because it's quite late... :)

I tried to find it using

grep -rn '>name' crypto/x509

but it doesn't show any function that would return a cert name

Not sure if it's actually useful to show that but I see that the name is
set in x509_cb when operation is ASN1_OP_D2I_POST
as X509_NAME_oneline(ret->cert_info.subject, NULL, 0) .

Please could you let me know if there is a function for that or what I
should use instead?

Thanks a lot

Jakub