[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4362] chacha-x86.pl has stricter aliasing requirements than other files

Emilia Käsper via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue Mar 1 21:40:46 UTC 2016

If the other EVP ciphers universally allow this then I think we must treat this
as a bug, because people may be relying on this behaviour. There is also
sporadic documentation in lower-level APIs (AES source and des.pod) that the
buffers may overlap.

If it's inconsistent then, at the very least, we must document that it is not
allowed.

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4362