[openssl-dev] Visibility of OPENSSL_ia32cap, OPENSSL_armcap and friends

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:01:50 UTC 2016

Hi Andy,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 6:59 AM, Andy Polyakov via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:
>> Patch attached. This is just a little cleanup change to fix not everything
>> using the OPENSSL_armcap constants. (Existing ones already are using them,
>> so I'm assuming this is okay.)
>
> Applied. Thanks.

Forgive my ignorance... Are OPENSSL_ia32cap, OPENSSL_armcap and
friends intended to be public?

Setting the values when using openssl.exe are discuss in the man
pages, so that kind of speaks to public. However, the symbols for
OPENSSL_ia32cap_P[] are available in the static library but missing
from the shared object, so I'm not sure what's supposed to be
happening.

Inspecting values from OPENSSL_ia32cap_P[] and friends comes up
frequently, like "how do I know if AES-NI" is available.

Jeff