[openssl-dev] make depend issue: if [ Makefile -nt Makefile ]

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Mar 8 21:01:36 UTC 2016

I suggest reading the comment just above depend:, especially this:

    # To check if test has the file age comparison operator, we
    # simply try, and rely test to exit with 0 if the comparison
    # was true, 1 if false, and most importantly, 2 if it doesn't
    # recognise the operator.

Comparing Makefile with Makefile is because...  well, it's as good a
file as any, and since the result from the operation itself isn't the
important part on that line, a bit of Makefile narcissism can't hurt
;-)

Cheers,
Richard