[openssl-dev] Errors when loading an OpenSSL RSA Engine

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Wed Mar 9 20:17:58 UTC 2016

On 3/9/16, 12:57 , "openssl-dev on behalf of danigrosu"
<openssl-dev-bounces at openssl.org on behalf of dni.grosu at gmail.com> wrote:

>In git version, if I comment the block...

I found that was not necessary. But autotools setup did not work (see my
that.

$ echo whatever | OPENSSL_ENGINES=. openssl dgst -md5 -engine emd5
engine "emd5" set.
(stdin)= d8d77109f4a24efc3bd53d7cabb7ee35
$

Regarding RSA-X engine, it lacks the dynamic binding code necessary for
being loaded, etc. That’s why it fails to load. Check the contents of
e_md5.c and eng_rsax.c for differences.

$ OPENSSL_ENGINES=. openssl engine -t -c rsax
(rsax) RSAX engine support
 [RSA]
     [ available ]
$