[openssl-dev] Errors when loading an OpenSSL RSA Engine

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Mar 10 10:55:45 UTC 2016

In message <1457603265658-64536.post at n7.nabble.com> on Thu, 10 Mar 2016 02:47:45 -0700 (MST), danigrosu <dni.grosu at gmail.com> said:

dni.grosu> Ok Richard, I figured it out how the md5 engine works, and, I also
dni.grosu> realized that it is a bit different from the RSA engine:
dni.grosu> ---different structure (EVP_MD vs RSA_METHOD)
dni.grosu> ---missing the dynamic bind part, and I have no idea how to do it (see the
dni.grosu> above post)
dni.grosu>
dni.grosu> Maybe I should try something else in order to build a RSA engine. I think it
dni.grosu> is very
dni.grosu> hard to start it from scratch and that's why I choose to use the RSA-X.

Don't give up too soon, you seem to be getting there.  Stumbling, like
the rest of us, and that's ok.  It's a learning experience, as
frustrating as it may be.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org