[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4409] bug OpenSSL 1.0.1p 9 Jul 2015

Irena Johnson via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Mar 10 15:04:18 UTC 2016

Sorry I was not very clear. I meant to say our server has OpenSSL
1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013, which supports 256 encryption.
Our client's side have a more recent version of OpenSSL  ( 1.0.1p 9 Jul
2015 ), which apparently does not support 256 encryption. This is the
reason I thought this is a bug (if an older version supports sha256, but a
newer version does not). I am not quite sure how the version upgrades are
done for OpenSSL and how TLS is involved.

Thank you,

--
Irena

--