[openssl-dev] Please consider delaying the Beta-1 freeze for a week or two

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Mar 11 09:21:40 UTC 2016

On 11/03/16 01:03, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> Testing master on real hardware is showing some minor issues on a few
> platforms, including ARM32, ARM64, PowerPC and i686. In addition,
> there seems to be one-off issues on other combinations, like VIA's C7
> processor on Linux.
> In addition to the base issues, there are other minor issues like
> failing to configure and compile with 'no-comp'. Other configuration
> dependent issues include failed self tests under PowerPC in a shared
> configuration.
> Please consider delaying the freeze for a week or two while the issues
> are being ironed out.

I'd argue that a freeze helps us to iron the issues out. Problems tend
to get introduced when new features are added. By declaring a freeze we
no longer accept new features and can instead divert our attention to
stability and bug fixing.


More information about the openssl-dev mailing list