[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4414] NetBSD 7.0: make test fails with "don't know how to make usr/include/stddef.h"

Richard Levitte via RT rt at openssl.org
Fri Mar 11 10:31:38 UTC 2016

In message <CAH8yC8mEnSj1j0F3_cWjQcKRNCo5wWmNtgD_Vpf8qa5zajuHYA at mail.gmail.com> on Fri, 11 Mar 2016 05:25:29 -0500, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> said:

noloader> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 5:14 AM, Richard Levitte via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:
noloader> > In message <rt-4.0.19-10277-1457691103-383.4414-21-0 at openssl.org> on Fri, 11 Mar 2016 10:11:43 +0000, "noloader at gmail.com via RT" <rt at openssl.org> said:
noloader> >
noloader> > rt> Working from Master.
noloader> > rt>
noloader> > rt> $ make test
noloader> > rt> make: don't know how to make usr/include/stddef.h. Stop
noloader> > rt>
noloader> > rt> make: stopped in /root/openssl
noloader> >
noloader> > Is there a /usr/include/stddef.h?
noloader>
noloader> Yes, but test appears to be using "usr/include/stddef.h", and not
noloader> "/usr/include/stddef.h"

"appears" being the point, methinks.  I can't recall that we have
"usr/include" specified as an include directory anywhere, and that
this is the result of the dependency generation parts in Makefile.

What do you get if you grep for 'makedepprog' in configdata.pm?
If it's makedepend (probably full path to it), it may be faulty.  It
may also be the sed script that's used to clean up the result (have a
look in Makefile, look for any use of $(MAKEDEPEND) and the sed script
following it)

Can you help figuring it out?

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org

Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4414