[openssl-dev] Please consider delaying the Beta-1 freeze for a week or two
jaroslav.imrich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:55:29 UTC 2016
On 11 March 2016 at 15:22, Salz, Rich <rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:
> > I would like to point out that there are several already reviewed pull
> requests with new features - e.g.  and  - waiting to be merged. Do
> openssl devs plan to address these before 1.1 freeze?
> > https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/576
> >  https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/771
> Some yes, and some no. In these particular cases 576 is a bugfix and can
> make it after. 771, sadly, seems unlikely. Both of these have commentary
> in the text that indicates their status. We've tried to be upfront about
> the state of everything. Sometimes responses get delayed. If there are
> any PR's that you (or anyone) are particularly interested in, please post a
> comment there.
> Freeze is in a few hours. Anything that is not already in progress (dual
> review going on, for example) will probably not make it, unless it's a
Rich, you are my personal hero for all the work you do on OpenSSL (active
in discussions, a lot of PR reviews, RT cleanup ...) but from my point of
view it is really hard to contribute code to OpenSSL.
I have already mentioned in comments  that I am particularly
interested in getting PR#576 and PR#771 into 1.1 but IMO it is too hard to
attract the attention of the rest of core devs - reviewed PR is waiting on
GitHub, bug is opened in RT, message was posted to openssl-dev mailinglist.
I feel really sorry for the authors of PR's that got first review but their
code won't get into 1.1 because of missing second review. I know their pain
since I've been waiting 5 years for the inclusion of my last patch  but
let's hope it will get better for 1.2 :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openssl-dev