[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4425] CentOS 5: mkdir /include: Permission denied at ./Configure line 1248

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 23:16:38 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Richard Levitte via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:
> Vid Sun, 13 Mar 2016 kl. 22.05.21, skrev noloader at gmail.com:
>> $ perl --version
>> This is perl, v5.8.8 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi
>
> This is a problem. We don't really support perl older than 5.10, so 5.8.x is
> potentially challenging. It's quite possible you found a problem area.
>
> As far as I understand the issue, it seems that the File::Spec perl module
> might be a bit dicy and could use an upgrade. If it was me, I'd upgrade Perl.

I don't have any PERL-fu, so forgive my ignorance here... At the
moment, I only see that one failure, so it may not be as bad as it
appears.

Before this executes:

    $dir = catdir($base,$dir) unless isabsolute($dir);

It seems $base is <empty>. Would it be possible to fallback to $PWD if
$base is <empty>? Does it make sense for $base to be empty?

Jeff