[openssl-dev] openssl cms unable to access keys on token?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Mar 14 21:33:52 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-03-14 at 21:28 +0000, Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL
wrote:
> You are right - the command line was wrong. Here’s the correct line,
> which
> should work, but doesn’t:
>
> $ openssl cms -engine pkcs11 -aes256 -encrypt -in data.txt -binary
> -outform PEM -out data.txt.enc
> "pkcs11:object=Certificate%20for%20Key%20Management;object-type=cert"

Yeah, that won't work either.

Perhaps you need the "-certform engine" option.

Which doesn't exist. :)

(My mailer doesn't seem to trust your signing cert, btw. Should you be
including an intermediate certificate in your messages? For that
matter, should I? :)

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation