[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4429] Cannot decrypt RC4-encrypted CMS object

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 21:48:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL
<uri at ll.mit.edu> wrote:
> In that bug description I see a reference to code in “enc.c” that aborts
> if the cipher is AEAD or XTS (and an offer to submit PR that hasn’t
> materialized so far).
>
> Would you be able to elaborate why those checks that forbid AEAD were put
> in?

Also see "v1.0.1g command line gcm error",
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mailing.openssl.users/hGggWxfrZbA.

Its a bit dated, but its the first time I remember it being discussed
in detail with a canonical answer from Dr. Henson.

Jeff