[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4444] [openssl-1.1.0-pre4] Make fails with "recipe for target 'depend' failed" on solaris64-x86_64

Richard Levitte via RT rt at openssl.org
Fri Mar 18 16:49:13 UTC 2016

Vid Fre, 18 Mar 2016 kl. 16.34.05, skrev rainer.jung at kippdata.de:
> I had the same problem. /bin/sh on Solaris does not understand the "-
> nt"
> operator used in the definition of the "depend" target in the top-
> level
> Makefile, e.g. in line
>
> if [ Makefile -nt Makefile ] ...

That can't be the cause, because whatever the exit code from the test is, it's
"swallowed" by 'if'. A little like this is:

$ if (exit 1); then :; fi; echo $? 0 I cannot tell you what's going wrong, and
the only suggestion I currently have is to apply the attached patch and then
reconfigure and make and see what the output is. Can I assume you know what
'set -ex' does?

Cheers,
Richard

--