[openssl-dev] OS X 10.8, x86_64: 01-test_abort.t... sh: line 1: 71522 Abort trap: 6

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sat Mar 19 23:31:20 UTC 2016

In message <rt-4.0.19-1915-1458428897-111.4451-6-0 at openssl.org> on Sat, 19 Mar 2016 23:08:17 +0000, "noloader at gmail.com via RT" <rt at openssl.org> said:

rt> On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 6:44 AM, Richard Levitte via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:
rt> > I think that's a discussion that deserves its own new thread on openssl-dev.
rt> >
rt> > A RT ticket is *not* the right place for a philosophical discussion. Closing
rt> > this. Please don't respond on this message, create a new thread instead.
rt>
rt> Thanks Richard.
rt>
rt> For me, its not open for debate. Its a point of data egress, so it
rt> must not occur. What others do is there business.
rt>
rt> I'll configure without the "data loss" feature, and others can do what
rt> they want :)

Well, how about you go after the calls then.  Complaining about the
existence of OPENSSL_die or OPENSSL_assert is about as fruitful as
complaining about the existence of abort() or assert()...  That's how
this "philosophical discussion" started out that that's your
complaint, isn't it?  If not, I'd like you to clarify.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org