[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4461] No rule to make target 'crypto/include/internal/blake2_locl.h'

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Mon Mar 21 07:30:23 UTC 2016

In message <CAH8yC8n3bLHCKrL5VnFaWuAo8UxiroCxXNG5u__y7k4A-bz0zw at mail.gmail.com> on Sun, 20 Mar 2016 21:35:16 -0400, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> said:

noloader> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Salz, Rich via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:
noloader> >
noloader> >> $ make depend && make clean && make
noloader> >> ...
noloader> >>
noloader> >> No rule to make target 'crypto/include/internal/blake2_locl.h'
noloader> >
noloader> > Shouldn't that be clean ; make depend?
noloader> >
noloader> > At any rate, yes, some header files moved around.  Old dependencies are out of date ...
noloader>
noloader> I think it need depends first to get the dependencies right (for
noloader> clean); then it needs the clean to ensure old artifacts are gone.

'make depend' will only ensure that the existing .d files get appended
to Makefile if one of them is newer than the Makefile.  In all
likelyhood, it's going to be a noop.

noloader> At any rate, what does the Dev team recommend/want? I'm happy to do either.

In this case, the safest thing to do is to have Makefile recreated
from scratch, like this:

    perl Configure reconf

Cheers,
Richard