[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4473] Compile errors when compiling with C++ compiler

noloader@gmail.com via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Mar 24 04:38:39 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:16 PM, Salz, Rich via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:

>> The configuration should only be avoided/abandoned due to technical
>> reasons, and not philosophical principals.
>
> Lack of resources and interest.

I can understand lack of resources.

Lack of interest can be dealt with in the engineering process. Place a
quality gate, and make the code pass through it. I'd wager folks will
take interest if/when it blocks a release.

Quality and security gates are placed to improve the code. That's why
projects take the time to ensure the code compiles cleanly under
reasonable warnings, passes testing under tools like Sanitizers and
Valgrind, passes Covertity analysis, etc. I'm guessing all end users
and most other folks will appreciate them.

Jeff

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4473