[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4473] Compile errors when compiling with C++ compiler

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 07:36:22 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Richard Levitte via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:
> Vid Ons, 23 Mar 2016 kl. 23.47.19, skrev noloader at gmail.com:
>> I'm not sure if this is a supported configuration, but I'm guessing
>> there are going to be users in the filed who find themselves in it,
>> like http://stackoverflow.com/q/36188982.
>
> The actual issue there is that we haven't wrapped ossl_typ.h with 'extern
> "C"'... That should be fixed.

If that's the case, then this might be helpful:

$ find $PWD -name '*.h' -print | xargs grep -iL 'extern "C"' | egrep
'include/openssl'
/home/jwalton/openssl/include/openssl/__decc_include_prologue.h
/home/jwalton/openssl/include/openssl/__decc_include_epilogue.h
/home/jwalton/openssl/include/openssl/obj_mac.h
/home/jwalton/openssl/include/openssl/ecdh.h
/home/jwalton/openssl/include/openssl/symhacks.h
/home/jwalton/openssl/include/openssl/ecdsa.h

Jeff