[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4473] Compile errors when compiling with C++ compiler

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Mar 24 08:29:18 UTC 2016

In message <CAH8yC8mNLgJ4KNxUC-CrkMzaMAX0djs_ghFDkc-6OKUeZ8x_Cw at mail.gmail.com> on Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:20:07 -0400, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> said:

noloader> > You might want to try this:
noloader> >
noloader> >     make CC=clang++ test
noloader>
noloader> Doh, you're right. That's why I used 'export CC=clang++' in the first place.

I suppose you have noticed how that deteriorates, btw.  I actually
made an attempt, just for kicks...

    In file included from test/asynctest.c:62:
    include/../apps/apps.h:160:59: error: expected ')'
    BIO *bio_open_owner(const char *filename, int format, int private);
                                                              ^
    include/../apps/apps.h:160:20: note: to match this '('
    BIO *bio_open_owner(const char *filename, int format, int private);
                       ^

This isn't going to be "fixed".

noloader> So I guess I should ask... Is using OpenSSL in a C++ program supported
noloader> configuration?

Linking C++ programs with OpenSSL libraries is supported.
Including OpenSSL header files in C++ programs is supported.

Building OpenSSL with a C++ compiler is not supported.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org