[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4479] ROLLUP PATCH: OS X 10.8 (x86_64): Compile errors when using "no-asm -ansi"

Jeremy Farrell jeremy.farrell at oracle.com
Fri Mar 25 17:32:04 UTC 2016

On 25/03/2016 16:31, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Here's the rollup patch that makes -ansi work. Most of it was "inline"
> -> "ossl_inline".
>
> Some hoops were jumped through to get SSIZE_MAX defined correctly.
> Drepper signed-off on roughly the same fix about 15 years ago for
> glibc; see http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-hacker/2002-08/msg00031.html.

Just out of interest, what requirement is there to be able to build with
compilers which support only a 27 year old version of C which was
superseded 17 years ago? I can't imagine much need to build now with
compilers which don't support at least the most popular features of C99
like inline.

After recent pruning OpenSSL still supports an impressive range of
platforms and compilers; are any of them known to support nothing newer
than C89?

--
J. J. Farrell
Not speaking for Oracle.