[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4530] [BUG] OpenSSL crash on Windows 10

Naftali Santos via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue May 3 22:13:42 UTC 2016

Hi, our team have been experiencing a crash in some production machines (which I cannot reproduce in development machines) caused by the libeay32 module in 64 bits Windows 10 machines.

I was able to create a simple "crash application" and was able to get the dump of the crash along with PDB files for both the libeay32.dll and the sample application.

The exception code being thrown is 0xC0000005 (invalid memory access) and occurs inside sha1_block_data_order_shaext(), sha1-x86_64.asm, line 1435. The version used was 1.0.2g (but older versions also crash - the latest dev version from github crash as well).

You can download all the objects needed for debugging in this link<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0fX_HX2d8NAZVV3WWVJdWo0R2M/view?usp=sharing>: PDB, sample code, binaries used, etc.

It's worth noting that there is a libeay32.dll shipped in this machine that do work, but we don't know why. Maybe some compilation changes?

Anyway, I tried two binaries: The one downloaded from this website<https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html>. And the one I compiled myself (both of them crashed).

The command lines I used to compile were:

> perl Configure VC-WIN64A
> call ms\do_win64a
> nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

Thank you,

[Fit Instituto de Tecnologia]

Naftali Andrade
Sr. Software Developer

Phone.: +55 15 4009-0607

www.fit-tecnologia.org.br<http://www.fit-tecnologia.org.br/>

[Fit Instituto de Tecnologia]

Legal Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message!
--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4530